Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
Google Releases First Beta of Android 13 QPR3
- The first beta of QPR3 is rolling out today.
- This is the last cycle of Android 13 betas before the launch of Android 14.
- The update will download automatically for Beta Program members.
On Monday, Google launched the stable version of Android 13 QPR2. Now Google is moving forward with a new beta for the next and final quarterly update of Android 13 — QPR3.
The first beta of Android 13 QPR3 is rolling out today on Pixel phones, according to 9to5Google. This will be the last cycle of betas for Android 13, with QPR3 being the final stable release of the operating system — which is expected to launch in June. After the stable release of QPR3, we should be getting our first taste of Android 14, which recently entered the second phase of its developer preview.
If you’re a part of Google’s Beta Program, you may have noticed that you did not receive the stable version of QPR2. If you’re wondering why your phone was skipped over, it’s because the tech giant changed its process. Google announced last week in a Reddit post that Beta Program members will not get the stable version of QPR2, instead they’ll move directly to the next beta. It was unclear if this is a permanent change to the program or if it was solely a change for the QPR2 update.
What to Expect from the QPR3 Beta 1
The update should download automatically if you’re a Beta Program member, so you don’t have to do anything. The beta brings a few fixes, but has a couple of known issues including:
- A fix to the clock text color on the lockscreen.
- A fix for Bluetooth audio.
- A fix for the fingerprint icon.
- A fix for live wallpapers.
- A fix an issue where widgets, app icon positions, and other configurable options on the home screen were reset after installing an OTA update.
- A fix an issue that caused a device to be unenrolled from Face Unlock after installing an OTA update.
Known Issues with QPR3 Beta 1
- If the user tries to open the camera by pressing the power button twice, the camera displays a black screen instead.
- In some cases when a work profile is switched on or off, the device reboots instead.
- The list of Recent apps sometimes becomes unresponsive if the screen orientation is changed while the list is open.
Stay tuned to Tech Leaks for the latest updates on Android 13 and other tech news.