Huawei P60 Pro rumored to feature Dynamic Island-type system
The Huawei P60 Pro, rumored to be introduced on March 23rd, might also feature a Dynamic Island-type system. A sketch posted on Chinese social media site Weibo by a tipster shows the design of the upcoming photography-based flagship. On the top of the screen is a pill-shaped area that is combined with a punch-hole selfie camera/depth camera.
Design sketch of the Huawei P60 Pro reveals a Dynamic Island style feature
HarmonyOS 3.1 pre-installed on Huawei P60 Pro
The Huawei P60 Pro will not be the second Android phone to sport a Dynamic Island and that’s because the manufacturer’s placement on the U.S. Entity List forced Huawei to create its own operating system a few years ago. The P60 Pro will be pre-installed with HarmonyOS 3.1. Once on the Entity List, Huawei was no longer able to source software from Google which meant that the Google Mobile Services version of Android was off-limits.
Rumored specs of Huawei P60 Pro
- Curved 6.6-inch AMOLED display with a 1440p (QHD+) resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, tweaked so it won’t work with 5G signals
- 50MP Sony IMX888 image sensor behind the primary camera
- 50MP Sony IMX858 driving the ultra-wide camera
- 64MP OmniVision OV64B sensor behind the P60 Pro’s telephoto camera with 3.5x optical zoom
- 3D Time of Flight sensor and the photography system will use Huawei’s in-house XMAGE technology
- 5000mAh battery will keep the lights on and will charge at 100W wired and 50W wireless
Photo from the P60 Pro shared by Huawei consumer chief Richard Yu
Other Huawei devices to be introduced on March 23rd
On March 23rd, besides the P60 Pro, Huawei will introduce the less premium P60 and the new Mate X3 foldable. Earlier this month, a Huawei executive posted photos that he said were snapped using the P60 Pro’s telephoto camera and another Huawei executive recently shared another photo that came from the P60 Pro.
The Huawei P60 Pro is shaping up to be a photography powerhouse with its Dynamic Island-type system and impressive camera specs. With HarmonyOS 3.1 pre-installed, it will be interesting to see how the device performs without Google Mobile Services. Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting new flagship from Huawei.