Samsung Galaxy A54 5G Leaked: Full Specs and Price in Europe
The Samsung Galaxy A54 5G is yet to be officially released, but a major European retailer has already listed the phone on its website in Austria. Media Markt’s information, translated from German, is complete and reliable, making it possible to make an informed buying decision before the handset actually starts selling.
- 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate technology, 1000 nits of brightness, and a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels (FHD+);
- Octa-core Samsung Exynos 1380 processor with four 2.4 GHz cores and four 2.0 GHz cores;
- 128/256GB storage configurations;
- 6/8GB memory options;
- 50MP primary rear-facing camera with OIS and f/1.8 aperture;
- 12MP secondary camera + 5MP tertiary camera;
- 32MP front-facing shooter with f/2.2 aperture;
- 5,000mAh battery with 25W fast charging capabilities;
- Under-display fingerprint sensor;
- IP67 water and dust resistance;
- MicroSD card slot for up to 1TB external storage expansion;
- Dual SIM support;
- Android 13;
- USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax;
- 4G LTE, 5G;
- 158.2 x 76.7 x 8.2mm dimensions;
- 202 grams weight.
While the specs are impressive, the true test of the phone’s capabilities will be in the user experience. We will have to wait until we get our hands on a commercial Samsung Galaxy A54 5G unit to see how the Exynos 1380 SoC and the 50MP main rear shooter perform in the real world.
Price in Europe
According to Media Markt’s listing, Austrians will have to pay €499 for an entry-level 128GB variant of the 5G-enabled Galaxy A54 when it goes on sale in a few days. This price is in line with recent predictions for the old continent as a whole. However, the upgrades and improvements may not be enough to justify the higher price point compared to last year’s Galaxy A53 5G.
The external design of the Galaxy A54 5G does not appear to have changed much either, with the same old centered hole punch as its predecessor and extremely similar screen bezels. The back cover has three instead of four imaging sensors arranged vertically along the top left corner and made to protrude a lot less than the rear camera module of last year’s A53 5G.
The Galaxy A54 5G will be available in “Awesome Violet”, “Awesome Graphite”, “Awesome Lime”, and “Awesome White”. A US release is expected, but the price is currently unknown.