Is the Hulu Disney Plus Bundle Worth It?
The streaming game has changed dramatically since the early days when Netflix and Hulu ruled alone at the top. Now, tons of streaming services offer access to their own exclusive libraries. It’s getting pricey, and a lot of us are looking for ways to save some money. Disney, which operates three distinct streaming services, has created a Disney Bundle to help us do just that.
What is the Disney Plus Bundle anyhow?
The Disney Plus Bundle is pretty straightforward. Disney owns three streamers: Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus. With a few exceptions, the three have different libraries of Disney-owned or licensed content. They also have their own price tags. So, to save you money if you want to combine them, Disney offers a few bundling options.
Broadly, you have two options. You can bundle Hulu and Disney Plus or Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus. There’s sadly no way to bundle ESPN with just one of the other two streamers.
Once you’ve chosen which of those bundles you want, you can also save a little extra by opting for a plan with ads or paying to go ad-free.
The content you can access won’t change. You’ll just be combining what each service has to offer. No more, no less.
How much can you save with the Disney Plus Bundle?
There are a few ways to look at the savings you’ll get with the Hulu Disney Plus Bundle. The short answer is that you can save as much as $15.98 per month, or as much as $27.98 per month if you’re switching to an ad-supported plan. Now, that assumes you want all three services, so let’s drill down and look at what the Hulu Disney Plus Bundle offers, how you can customize it, and what kinds of savings it truly offers.
First off, let’s look at every price point. Below, you’ll find the subscription fees for every Disney-owned streaming service, including bundles. Please note that there is no ad-free version of ESPN Plus and that not all options are available billed annually.
- Disney Plus (with ads) — $7.99 per month
- Disney Plus (no ads) — $10.99 per month or $109.99 per year
- ESPN Plus (with ads) — $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year
- Hulu (with ads) — $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year
- Hulu (no ads) — $14.99 per month
- Disney “Duo Basic” Bundle (with ads)— $9.99 per month for Hulu and Disney Plus
- Disney “Trio Basic” Bundle (with ads) — $12.99 per month for Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus
- Disney “Trio Premium” Bundle (no ads) — $19.99 per month for Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus
- Hulu Plus Live TV (with ads) — $69.99 per month including Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus
- Hulu Plus Live TV (no ads) — $82.99 per month including Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus
In short, if you want to have a subscription that includes Hulu and Disney Plus, you’ll save money with a bundle. Getting both at the ad-supported level would cost you $15.98 individually. With the Duo Basic Bundle, you’re paying $9.99. Even Trio Basic is cheaper, meaning you’d get ESPN Plus thrown in while saving a couple of dollars.
However you cut it, you’ll easily save $6 per month with a bundle, if not more. Or you’ll get extra streaming content, still at a discount.
Is the Disney Plus Hulu bundle worth the cost?
It would be hard to pretend the Disney Bundles aren’t worth it. You get access to all the same content while saving money.
$6 per month may not seem like a lot, but it adds up fast, especially if you have other streaming subscriptions. If you only want one of the three services