NordVPN Makes Meshnet Free to Use for Anyone
Now anyone can create their own secure private network free of charge, thanks to the latest update from NordVPN, one of the best VPN services around. NordVPN has made its Meshnet feature available as a freebie, meaning that a paid subscription isn’t needed to make use of the technology.
Meshnet was first released in June last year for NordVPN’s paid subscribers only. It allows users to establish secure peer-to-peer connections among up to 60 different devices at once inside the same encrypted tunnel. In one of its biggest changes to date, NordVPN has also added a new file-sharing option to Meshnet, as well as open-sourced its Linux application.
A Safer Digital Life for All
“We are continuously expanding the capabilities of NordVPN. This release marks a significant change in openness by both making part of the service free as well as open sourcing a substantial part of our client software,” says NordVPN’s spokesperson.
Meshnet: NordVPN’s Revolutionary New Feature
NordVPN has launched a new feature called Meshnet, which allows users to securely connect up to 60 devices at once. This feature turns users’ devices into their own personal private servers, enabling them to reroute the connection to their laptop at home while they’re traveling, for example, to avoid internet limitations.
TechRadar Cybersecurity Specialist Mike Williams described Meshnet as “perhaps the most valuable built-in bonus VPN feature I’ve seen.”
Meshnet is now available for free to anyone who creates an account. According to Vykintas Maknickas, NordVPN’s product strategist, “We believe that everyone should be able to access the security and convenience of a VPN. However, not everyone is ready to invest in a premium service like NordVPN. While this approach is not as private as using NordVPN and does not rely on a massive network infrastructure, it provides flexibility and secure connection to anyone in need.”
Maknickas also explained that, while the VPN infrastructure is expensive to maintain, Meshnet doesn’t require similar maintenance cost. “We are then able to make it free without increasing our overall costs,” he said.
Developers also wanted to simplify sharing files in a secure way. This is why a new file-sharing option allows users to share unlimited screenshots, photos or video files of any size without losing quality. In a continuous effort to transparency, NordVPN has also open-sourced its entire Linux application as well as the networking library used across NordVPN apps on all operating systems (Libtelio) and the library used to share files over Meshnet (Libdrop).
Meshnet Best Use Cases
There are many ways NordVPN users have been taking advantage of the benefits of Meshnet. “In the beginning, most of the users were tech enthusiasts, but little by little, more people discovered functionalities and convenient ways to use Meshnet, from gaming to accessing other devices remotely. We expect Meshnet to grow even quicker with a user-friendly file-sharing feature,” said Maknickas.
The most popular use cases include:
- Routing internet traffic: People can route their traffic via their laptop at home when traveling. Friends and family can also do the same if they’re in the same network, so that everyone will appear browsing from the same IP address.
- Sharing your VPN connection: As Meshnet allows users to turn their device into a VPN server, friends and family members can benefit from the security of NordVPN even without a subscription.
- Multiplayer gaming: Meshnet works like a virtual Local Area Network (LAN), allowing friends to play multiplayer games together without needing any LAN cables.
- File-sharing: With Meshnet, users can share files among their family, friends, and colleagues almost instantly without the need to host these on a different server or cloud space.
Meshnet is a revolutionary new feature that provides flexibility and secure connection to anyone in need. With its user-friendly file-sharing feature and many use cases, Meshnet is expected to grow even quicker in popularity.
Streamlining the Process with the Latest Update
Managing tasks and projects can be a daunting task, especially when working with a team. However, with the latest update, the process has become easier and more efficient. The update has introduced new features that allow for better collaboration and organization.
- Task Assignment: Assign tasks to team members and track their progress.
- Deadline Tracking: Set deadlines for tasks and receive notifications when they are due.
- File Sharing: Share files with team members and keep them organized in one place.
- Communication: Communicate with team members through the platform and keep all conversations in one place.
These new features have made managing tasks and projects a breeze. With everything in one place, team members can easily collaborate and stay on top of their tasks.
The latest update has made managing tasks and projects easier and more efficient. With new features such as task assignment, deadline tracking, file sharing, and communication, teams can collaborate seamlessly and stay on top of their tasks. Sign up for the TechRadar Pro newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news and trends.