Nothing has released a new update for its Android 13-based Nothing OS 1.5, which brings bug fixes, performance improvements, and new features. The update, called Nothing OS 1.5.3, allows users to manually add games to Games Mode and includes smoother animation for the popup view. Additionally, the update improves fingerprint transition between the lock screen and AOD and adds support for Ear (2). The update also includes a new memory management algorithm that reduces app restart times by over 35% and lowers CPU consumption to improve overall battery life. The detailed changelog with all the changes coming with the new update is listed below.
Nothing OS 1.5.3 Changelog
- New support for manually adding games to Game Mode (games not installed from Play Store will not be able to be used with the Game Dashboard).
- Smoother animations for pop-up view.
- Improved fingerprint transition between the lock screen and AOD.
- New wallpapers.
- Added support for Ear (2).
- New memory management algorithm that reduces app restart times by over 35% and lowers CPU consumption to improve overall battery life. Improved system stability.
- Fixed abnormal appearance of Night Light mode in certain scenarios.
- Fixed the flashing charging prompt on the AOD interface.
- Fixed issue where Glyph lights did not show for incoming WhatsApp calls.
- Fixed freeze issues during YouTube video playback.
- Fixed issue where weather data did not show in the Quick Look widget.
- Other general bug fixes.
- Nothing Ear (2) Promo Material Leaks Along With Specs Ahead of March 22 Launch
- Nothing Phone (2) Will Pack Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Chip, Says Qualcomm Exec
- Xiaomi Pad 6 appears on 3C certification website with 67W fast charging
- OnePlus Ace 2V Official Android Support Cycle Announced, Will Get 3 Major Updates