Latest Samsung Galaxy S21 Update Hub: Everything You Need to Know
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 update hub on Tech Leaks. Here, we provide you with the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
Current Software Version
- Stable Version: Android 13
- Expected Release Date for Android 14: December 2023 / January 2024 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra Update
March 15, 2023: After last month’s major update, the March 2023 patch is now rolling out with minimal changes. According to Samsung’s documentation, the update brings the March 2023 security patch and fixes for five critical and several high-level vulnerabilities.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S21 Series Updates
- February 14, 2023: Samsung started rolling out One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy S21 series. As per SamMobile, the update was first made available in some European countries with firmware version G99xBXXU6EWAF.
- January 25, 2023: The Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra received the January 2023 security patch with versions G99XU1UES5DWA2 and G99XUSQS5DWA5. The firmware fixed over fifty security issues.
- December 13, 2022: Samsung rolled out the December 2022 security update to the S21 series fixing 93 security vulnerabilities. The software carried the version number G991BXXU5DVKF.
- November 16, 2022: Not long after the Android 13 update rolled out to Galaxy S21 models, a new update is now available. Spotted by SamMobile, the update features firmware version G99xBXXS5DVK1 and includes the November 2022 security patch that wasn’t included in the previous update.
- November 7, 2022: Samsung started dishing out the Android 13-based update to Galaxy S21 owners. The update has firmware version G99xBXXU5DVJC and was made available in several European markets initially, including Germany and the UK.
- September 29, 2022: Samsung brought the October 2022 security patch to devices, XDA-Developers reported. It has firmware version G99xBXXS5CVIF for Exynos models, version G99xUSQS5CVI8 for carrier devices, and version G99xU1UES5CVI8 for unlocked handsets.
- September 7, 2022: Samsung is bringing the September 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S21 series. SammyFans reports that the update is rolling out in Germany and bears firmware versions G991BXXS5CVHI, G996BXXS5CVHI, and G998BXXS5CVHI.
- August 29, 2022: Samsung brought the Galaxy S22’s camera-focused update to the S21 series. Samsung’s Community forums confirmed that the update landed in Korea and Germany with firmware versions G99xNKSU3CVH7 and G99xBXXU5CVH7.
- July 28, 2022: Samsung rolled out the August security patch to the Galaxy S21 series with firmware version G99xBXXU5CVGB.
- May 31, 2022: Samsung rolled out the June 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). The OTA carries firmware version G998BXXU5CVEB and doesn’t seem to add any other new features to the S21 trio.
- May 2, 2022: Samsung rolled out the May 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). The OTA comes with firmware version G991BXXU5CVDD and doesn’t seem to bring any new features to the S21 trio.
- April 4, 2022: Samsung sent out the April 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). The update first